Thursday, October 1, 2009

LaVar Arrington Wants to Lead a Fan Revolt




LaVar Arrington, who used to be my most favoritest player in the whole wide world, wrote the following on his tweet page:

"So [Sunday] I had a epiphany. A huge one. If we have a owner who would go to great lengths to try what he did with me amongst others, it leads me to believe that he has no understanding of true brotherhood and identity of self. And I realize that as an employee of someone who has no identity outside of how much money they have, you either conform to that and be without identity or you are identified for having an identity, which would be considered a direct threat....

"I now can honestly say that why would things ever change for our team when he has no respect for employees or fans, and we have none for him? Which means u have a revolving door of disgruntled employees and booing fans and very little support from the people who made it possible for Dan to be 2nd on Forbes's list of high grossing franchises.

"I now believe I can close my eyes and sleep better understanding that I can realistically curb my enthusiasm about guys overcoming their environment. It won't happen unless coaches and players see it and then decide that they will band together to win no matter what. Otherwise Dan will tell coaches what he wants; coaches will sabotage theirselves and the team just to try and stay in his good graces. During my time, Marty was the only head coach that I didn't see fall victim to this, and outside of Zorn, I played for every coach Dan hired."


A lot of Redskins fans disagree with me, but as far as I'm concerned LaVar Arrington lost the right to say "we" or "our" with regard to the Redskins when he became

He lives here, he owns a bar here, he has his own radio show here, he did comcast tv on the redskins the last couple of years. He identifies himself as a Redskin, he says he is a fan. I don't care. He didn't have to become a New York Giant. He didn't have to be swayed by that bastard Antonio Pierce to go to a rival just so he could stick it to the Redskins. You can't be a Redskins when you sign a contract to stick it to the Redskins. Other players like Art Monk and Gary Clark who played for other teams at the end of their careers get a pass because of their contributions and their lack of animosity toward the team. I can't excuse Arrington even though he played only 7 games for the Giants. Don't Care!

No comments:

Post a Comment