Thursday, October 8, 2009

Hey, Coach. Its Consultant Sherm Lewis calling...

.....What's up?


Zorn: Oh. Oh, hey . . . Sherm.


Sherm: Just sitting down to take a little perusal at some of the game film. Exciting stuff.

Zorn: Oh yeah?

Sherm: Yeah, yeah, actually I really just got started, but something jumped out at me and I wanted to bring it your attention.

Zorn: OK

Sherm: The thing is, I've been looking at film for about 5 minutes and its pretty clear to me that every single time you guys get First and Goal from around the 10 yard line, you run to the left and get totally stuffed.

(Silence)

Sherm: Yeah, its uncanny. Um. No throws to Kelly, or Thomas, or Marko, or even Cooley. No play action. No shotgun. No statue of liberty. No fades. No pick plays. No sideline routes. You ran to the right once, but uhh, well you know...

Zorn: (clears throat hard)

Sherm, exhaling: OK, I'm gonna go grab some lunch. Maybe Quiznos. Take it easy, coach.

Click.

No comments:

Post a Comment