Monday, November 15, 2010

Eagles Destroy My Emotional Health in Real Time, 59-28



12:45: Looking forward to the game. Might drink some beer to deaden the sensation. But a loss really puts us up against it--2 games behind wild card leaders which would be Philly, or NYG, New Orleans and Tampa, Chicago or Green Bay. Really bad.

2:59: During Philadelphia week, I am not allowed to listen to The Roots or any Philly based music, which eliminates a lot of material from my workout playlist. New York weeks are much more difficult though--no Jay-Z, Nas, Wu-Tang, Gangstarr, Black Moon, Busta Rhymes, Beastie Boys, BDP, and so on. I also can't wear my dark green hoodie.

3:40: "The Washington Redskins and quarterback Donovan McNabb have agreed to a five-year, $78 million extension that could be worth up to $88 million with incentives, a source with knowledge of the agreement told ESPN NFL Insider Michael Smith. The source said $40 million of the deal will be guaranteed."

No joke, I'm glad that I avoided the two-week he said/they said nonsense the media put together over the last two weeks. Looks like they like having McNabb around.

4:17: Steve: any thoughts on resigning McNabb to 5 year deal? Are we (1) crazy because he's old and has kind of sucked so far; or (2) brilliant because he's going to ripen with age and because it will fire everyone up for the big Monday night game against the Eagles; or (3) just plain stupid.

Me: Its kind of crazy, but its the old crazy, so its not that crazy. Also, there's a chance he'll get better. I'd like him to lose some weight though. Having him around is, in fact, better than having him leave for the Vikings and starting some rookie or Rex Chapman next year.Steve: I agree. McNabb may be a problem, but he's our problem

7:27: Joey's fantasy football mantras:

-I like to win
-I want to win
-More points for more more jo's
-Points, points, points
-Just say no to touchdowns

I need Chris Cooley to have a monster game tonight. Something like 100 yards and a touchdown. That way both the Redskins and one of my fantasy teams can win this week.

8:28: It it me, or does Chick Hernandez on Comcast seem happier when the Redskins lose? When they win, he can't act all smarmy and passive aggressive.

8:35: I just don't want to see Vick throw a 80 yard bomb in the first minute

8:38: Hank Williams Jr.'s "song" is beyond awful. Its so awful it laps itself and returns to awful.

8:42: Oh, make that 88 yards. F me. 7-0.

8:46. 3 runs for Williams, 8 yards. A lot of dancing in the hole, then stuffed.

8:53: Shanahan did not have this team ready after 14 days. 14-0 Eagles after Vick scramble. ESPN extremely aroused.


8:58: McNabb intercepted. Coach Zorn couldn't have drawn this nightmare up any better. One yard pass to Armstrong. Four yard pass to Moss. McNabb goes back to pass, the middle of the line gets blown up like usual, he dodges a blitzer, then throws a ball that gets deflected and then caught by an Eagle.

9:05: Shovel pass touchdown. 21-0. The coaches couldn't have been doing anything over the bye. They don't a clue.

9:11: 2 running plays. Redskins don't seem all that concerned. And an overthrow on third down. YOU SUCK.

9:16: Jerome Harrison just ran 50 yards for a touchdown. Mining disasters are tuning to ESPN to see what's going on.

9:20: Galloway drop. I quit.












No comments:

Post a Comment