Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Preseason

So far (knock on wood), the Redskins have not experienced the "out for the season" curse that happens to someone every year. Last year, we got it when Philip Daniels hurt himself on his first movement of training camp. This sent in motion a disastrous chain of events that involved trading a 2nd round pick to the Dolphins to get Jason Taylor to play defensive end for about a half hour. He did have a very solid game against Philadelphia in December, but it was way too little, far too late.



Tomorrow, the Skins play their first preseason game against Baltimore. Portis and Haynesworth aren't supposed to play much, but the Idiot Receivers--Idiot Devin Thomas and Idiot Malcolm Kelly--are expected to play. I really hope one of these guys can perform, and they find a way to shed the nicknames I have bestowed upon them, but I am skeptical. I'd just like to see Campbell get four or five first downs and not get hit. That would constitute success.
I'll probably watch the game at home with Joey. Steve is in New York finishing up some litigation training, but he said he'd try to find a bar to watch the game.


A couple of weeks ago, I got my hands on a fitted, burgundy wool, curly "R" Redskins cap that my dad received as a gift almost ten years ago. It had been placed on the top shelf of the closet near his living room bathroom and barely warn. I decided to take possession of it, and break it in like I used to with all my hats back in the nineties.
Take some nail scissors, slowly cut out the inner lining behind the front two panels, wear it in the shower, jam the brim into a coffee mug. This is not a guaranteed science, but I think I can make this hat conform to my glorious head.




No comments:

Post a Comment